The Municipalities of Sissa and Trecasali, in the lowlands of Parma not far from the Po river, are merged into one municipality called Sissa Trecasali.
Sissa was founded in the 10th C and built up around its fortress which is now the Town Hall. After 1195, it passed into the hands of the Terzi family who dominated until the extreme splendor of the Renaissance. At the end of the 13th century, the Rangoni family took over and then the Ramondi family (1890) who sold the fortress to the Municipality. Nowdays the Rocca dei Terzi is open for visits.
The small agricultural centre of Trecasali has ancient origins; documents of its presence date back to the 9th century. It's famous among food lovers because everywhere in its territory it's possible to taste the typical products of the Bassa Parmense such as Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, Parma Ham, Culatello and Salame.
Museums and monuments of interest are the Church of San Michele, the Church of San Giorgio in Viarolo and Villa Bacchini in San Quirico.
Every year in Trecasali there is the food fair Il Ponte dei Sapori, and Sissa is one of the villages of November Porc at weekends in November.